What We Believe
Our Statement of Faith
(same as the National Association of Evangelicals)
- We believe that the Bible is the only infallible authoritative Word of God, verbally and fully inspired in the original text, and that it is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His Ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to earth with power and glory.
- We believe that all men are, by nature and by choice, sinners, destitute of all power to save themselves.
- We believe, therefore, that the only means of salvation is the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit on the basis of the atoning work of and through personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those that are saved unto the resurrection of life and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the church, the spiritual body of which Jesus Christ is the Head and of which all regenerated persons are members.
- We believe that the visible church is the company of believers in Jesus Christ, associated for worship, work, and fellowship.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is empowered to live a godly life.